Food - Family -Faith

Food - Family -Faith
Jesus said unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh to the Father, but by me. John 14:6

Sunday, May 7, 2017

Easy Strawberry Shortcake Recipe

I made this recipe today for the first time. It really turned out good and everybody enjoyed it. Even my husband who is not a big strawberry fan came back for seconds.

Easy Strawberry Shortcake Recipe

 Ingredients:

1 box yellow cake mix
*I used the one that calls for butter
Strawberries, sliced
1/2 cup sugar
1 8oz. block cream cheese, softened
1 8oz. cool whip
1/2 cup confectioners sugar

Directions:


Slice strawberries add 1/2 cup sugar, let sit for several hours or overnight. Meanwhile, bake cake according to the directions on the back of the box. I baked mine in a 13x9 pan. The cake mix I used called for eggs, water, and butter. Let cake cool completely. While cake is cooling, make topping: beat cream cheese with the mixer, add confectioners sugar and cool whip. Poke holes in cake with a skewer. Spoon strawberries and juice over the cake. Top with cream cheese mixture.

Enjoy!

Have a blessed day,
Deborah
http://DeborahHBateman.com 



No comments:

Post a Comment