Food - Family -Faith

Food - Family -Faith
Jesus said unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh to the Father, but by me. John 14:6

Monday, March 18, 2013

Salad in a Glass - Green Drink Recipe

Some of my friends have been juicing, so I decided I would give it a try. I picked up some fruits and vegetables at the grocery store this past weekend and made this green drink for breakfast this morning. I thought I would record the ingredients for myself and share them with you in case you would like to try it. Because of all the fruits and vegetables it is healthy for you and since it is blended up it is easier for your body to digest.

I ended up making a whole blender full so I could put it in the refrigerator and have it to drink when I got hungry. If you don't want to make that much you can always do half of the recipe. I was a little skeptical about how it would taste, but the fruit helps sweeten the drink so it tastes good.  Have you ever made green drinks? If so, leave a comment and share with us what some of your favorite ingredients are.

Ingredients:
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
2 bananas
2 cup crushed pineapple (use fresh if you have it)
2 cucumbers
2 stalks celery
2 handfuls of grape tomatoes
4 kale leaves

Directions:
I started with the yogurt and fruit so I would have some liquid to blend up all the vegetables with and just kept adding and blending until it was all blended together and the taste suited me. I cut the vegetables into pieces so they wouldn't be as hard to blend. Add as much fruit as you need to suit your taste. Here's to your health.

Enjoy,
Deborah
http://DeborahHBateman.com





6 comments:

  1. Great idea to make a huge batch! I have never made nor tasted a green juice, but if it had enough fruit, I think I'd enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz,
    Thanks for stopping by. The green drinks aren't bad when you add the fruit to it because the sweet of the fruit counteracts the bitterness of the greens and it is really good for you. I have also heard apples were good to put in them. You know what they say, "An apple a day keeps the doctor away." I actually woke up this morning wanting a green drink believe it or not. It makes me have so much more energy. Give it a try, what do you have to lose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This recipe sounds delicious thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for coming by my website to comment on my Easter doughnuts! Love this...I love smoothies, because they make it easy to eat a healthy and yummy breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wendy,
    Thanks for stopping by Recipe for Life. Thanks for your comment. I have only recently started with the green smoothies, but I am really enjoying them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adriana,
    Thanks for stopping by Recipe for Life. I hope you enjoy the recipe.
    Blessings,
    Deborah H. Bateman-Author

    ReplyDelete