Food - Family -Faith

Food - Family -Faith
Jesus said unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh to the Father, but by me. John 14:6

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Chocolate Delight Recipe

This is a recipe we have been making for years. It is one of our favorite desserts. I originally got the recipe from a cookbook that I have had for many years, but as with most of my recipes I change them to the way I like them. We just finished making it, so I thought I would share it with you. The crust has nuts in it and two of my grandchildren are allergic to tree nuts, so sometimes I make it with a graham cracker crust instead. Here's my version.

 

Crust:
1-1/2 sticks margarine or butter, melted
1-1/2 cups plain flour
3/4 cup chopped nuts
* I usually use walnuts, but you can use pecans if you prefer or I have made it with graham cracker crust if you don't like nuts are allergic to them.

Melt the butter in a 9x13 pan while preheading oven 350, or 325 degrees, if using a glass dish. Add flour and nuts, stir and spread evenly in bottom of the dish with the back of the spoon. Bake for 20 minutes. Cool to room temperature before adding filling.

Cream Cheese Layer:
2 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 cup confectioner's sugar
1 8oz. cool whip

Blend cream cheese with mixer until smooth and creamy. Add sugar, blend. Then, add cool whip and either stir or blend with mixer on low. Layer over crust.

Chocolate Pudding Layer:
2 small packs of chocolate pudding
3 cups milk

Beat together with mixer and layer over cream cheese. Top with 8 oz. cool whip. Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight for best results.

Enjoy,

Deborah
http://DeborahHBateman.com

No comments:

Post a Comment