Food - Family -Faith

Food - Family -Faith
Jesus said unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh to the Father, but by me. John 14:6

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Mile High Lime Pie

This is a recipe one of my friends gave me. My husband really likes it so I made it for him for Father's Day. It is a cool, light, refreshing dessert.

1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup sour cream
1/3 cup + 2 tbsp. lime juice
1-8 oz. carton Cool Whip, thawed
1 graham cracker crust.

1 drop green food coloring, if desired

*I don't use the food coloring.
**You can make either one very full pie or two regular size pies. I usually put mine in two pie shells.

In a bowl combine all the ingredients except the pie shell. Put mixture in pie shell. Cover and chill for twelve hours before serving.

**To cut calories you can use Fat Free condensed milk, Low Fat or Fat Free sour cream, and Fat Free Cool Whip.

Enjoy,
Deborah

3 comments:

  1. Great recipe, Deborah. You had me at sweetened condensed milk! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I appreciate your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I just wanted to thank you for commenting on my blog. I was looking around and this recipe looks really yummy! I'll have to give it a whirl! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa,
    Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy the pie.
    Blessings,
    Deborah H. Bateman-Author

    ReplyDelete