Food - Family -Faith

Food - Family -Faith
Jesus said unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh to the Father, but by me. John 14:6

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Carrot Cake

1-1/2 cups oil
3 cups self-rising flour
1/8 tsp. salt
2 cups sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
4 eggs
1 cup chopped nuts
2 cups grated carrots
Mix altogether, pour into greased and floured tube pan.  Bake at 325 degrees for
1-1/2 hours.
-J.C. Lipham

Cream Cheese Frosting
1 8-oz. pkg cream cheese
1/2 stick butter
1 box confectioners' sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup chopped nuts
Cream together cream cheese and butter.  Add confectioners sugar & vanilla, beat until fluffy.  Stir in nuts.  Spread on completely cooled cake.  Enjoy!     
*I prefer walnuts, but you can use pecans if you want.

2 comments:

  1. Carrot cake is a favorite for me. For birthdays, my mom used to always order carrot cake from a neighbor. I'll definitely have to try this one! Thanks for sharing. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deborah, thanks so much for stopping by my blog today and being such an encouragement! You have such a lovely blog. The recipes look delish, especially this carrot cake one. I just added a widget to my blog listing my favorite food blogs and I included yours on the list. I look forward to stopping by your blog often to read your posts and try out your recipes. Blessings, Juliet :0)

    ReplyDelete