Food - Family -Faith

Food - Family -Faith
Jesus said unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh to the Father, but by me. John 14:6

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Mexican Chicken Soup

We have been talking about making a soup like this for a while. So, today I thought I would give it a try. The recipe came from what I had in the cabinet and what I thought would taste good in it. I am going to surprise my husband with it for dinner tonight.

1 pkg boneless skinless chicken breast, cut up into 1 inch cubes
1 can chicken broth
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can enchilada sauce
1 can petite diced tomatoes
1 can whole kernel corn
1 can black beans
1 onion, chopped
1 pkg. taco seasoning mix

---Garnish and Serve with (if desired)
grated cheese
sour cream
Frito's Scoops



Cut up chicken breast, put in crock pot add chicken broth and 1 cup water. Cook for about 1 hour or until chicken looks white. Add remaining ingredients. Cook on high several hours. Then, turn to low and simmer until time for dinner.










 






No comments:

Post a Comment