Food - Family -Faith

Food - Family -Faith
Jesus said unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh to the Father, but by me. John 14:6

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Creamy Crunchy Fudge

I have a habit of when I want to make something, I will look at several recipes and then come up with my own recipe. The other day when I was craving fudge, this was the recipe I ended up making and it was delicious.

1 can of condensed milk
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup miniature marshmallows
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts

In a microwave safe bowl combine the condensed milk and chocolate chips. Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Remove and stir until the chocolate chips are melted. Add the marshmallows and microwave 1 minute. Remove and stir until marshmallows are melted and combined completely. Stir in vanilla and chopped walnuts and stir until they are incorporated throughout the fudge. Spread into a wax paper lined 8 or 9 inch square pan. Chill until firm. Remove wax paper and cut in 1 inch squares. Store in the refrigerator.

**This fudge is delicious, rich, and creamy. The hardest thing about this recipe is waiting for it to chill. If you are in a big hurry you could put it in the freezer for five minutes to speed up the process. Of course if you don't like walnuts or can't eat them, you can leave them out and just have a creamy fudge.


Enjoy!

Deborah H. Bateman

No comments:

Post a Comment