Food - Family -Faith

Food - Family -Faith
Jesus said unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh to the Father, but by me. John 14:6

Friday, December 9, 2011

Peanut Butter Balls Recipe

Peanut Butter Balls Recipe


This is a recipe I make for my family every year for Christmas. I usually make three to four recipes of them, so we can have plenty for all of our Christmas gatherings. 



Ingredients:

1 lb. confectioners sugar
2 sticks margarine or butter, melted
1 cup crushed graham crackers (I run mine through the salad shooter w/ the grate blade)
1 cup peanut butter-you can use crunchy or creamy whichever you prefer
1 tsp vanilla

Directions:
Melt butter, stir in peanut butter until melted, add sugar, vanilla, and graham crackers crumbs.  The mixture will be very thick.  Form into balls.  Melt 6 oz. chocolate chips with 1/4 bar paraffin wax over low heat in double boiler.  Use a toothpick or spoon to dip balls into chocolate.  Put on wax paper until set.



* I usually make four recipes which will make about 400 balls. I like to mix my chocolate chips, using some semi-sweet and some milk chocolate. You can do only milk chocolate, or only semi-sweet, or half of each, or I prefer 3 semi-sweet to 1 milk chocolate. 



**This recipe was published in December 2011 issue of Living Better at 50 Online Magazine
Both in the Recipes section and in the article "What are your Christmas Traditions" in the Women of Faith section.
Recipe at: http://www.livingbetterat50.com/peanut-butter-balls/
Article at: http://www.livingbetterat50.com/christmas-traditions/ 

Enjoy,
Deborah

http://DeborahHBateman.com

No comments:

Post a Comment