Food - Family -Faith

Food - Family -Faith
Jesus said unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh to the Father, but by me. John 14:6

Monday, November 21, 2011

Double Layer Pumpkin Pie Recipe

This is a recipe I found on Kraft.com. I made it for Thanksgiving last year and my family liked it. My husband requested I make it again this year. I thought it would be nice to share it with you. It is a no-bake recipe and is fairly easy. I will also be making my Cranberry Relish recipe to take for our Thanksgiving Dinner. This is the pie before adding the Cool Whip on top. I like using a whole 8 oz. container of Cool Whip on top and I don't add it until I'm ready to serve the pie.



Ingredients:
 
1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1 cup  plus 1 Tbsp. milk, divided
1 Tbsp. sugar
1 tub  (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
1 HONEY MAID Graham Pie Crust (I use the deep dish pie crust)
1 can  (15 oz.) pumpkin
2 pkg. (3.4 oz. each) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
1 tsp.  ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 tsp.  ground cloves

Directions:

  BEAT cream cheese, 1 Tbsp. milk and sugar in large bowl with whisk until blended. Stir in half the COOL WHIP. Spread onto bottom of crust.
WHISK remaining milk, pumpkin, dry pudding mixes and spices 2 min. (Mixture will be thick.) Spread over cream cheese layer.
REFRIGERATE 4 hours or until firm. Serve topped with remaining COOL WHIP.
Here is the link to it on Kraft.com if you would like to look at the video they have for instructions.
 http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/double-layer-pumpkin-pie-54636.aspx
Hope you enjoy and you and your family have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Enjoy!

Deborah
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Deb! My family loves pumpkin pie, too. I make a more traditional version than yours, except mine calls for tofu mixed in with the pumpkin in place of the egg and cream. Very yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm afraid to try it cause I might mess it up. I'll give it to my daughter. She's my master baker. Sounds delish.

    ReplyDelete