Food - Family -Faith

Food - Family -Faith
Jesus said unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh to the Father, but by me. John 14:6

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Chicken and Dressing Casserole

I haven't made this in a while, but have been thinking about making it. It is one of my families favorites. I will probably be making it soon since I have had it on my mind.


1-lb boneless skinless chicken breast, boiled & shredded
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
1 8-oz package Herb Stuffing Mix


Boil chicken until done, shred. Save broth, strain. In casserole dish put 1/2 of dressing mix. Wet dressing mix with broth from chicken. Layer shredded chicken on top of dressing. Mix soup and sour cream together. Layer soup mixture on top of chicken. Finish with remaining dressing mix drizzle it with broth. Cover. Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes or until heated thoroughly. Uncover last 5-10 minutes. Makes approx. 6 servings.


** I usually double this recipe if I am having my children and grandchildren over for dinner. 


**You could substitute the chicken breast for a whole chicken.


**For a shortcut you could get a Rotisserie chicken from the grocery store, take it off the bones, and shred it.


**This would also be a good recipe to use if you had left over baked chicken or turkey. 

Enjoy,


Deborah      

No comments:

Post a Comment