Food - Family -Faith

Food - Family -Faith
Jesus said unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh to the Father, but by me. John 14:6

Monday, June 6, 2011

Quick and Easy Coleslaw Recipe

I made this Quick and Easy Coleslaw Recipe for our Memorial Day Dinner. We also had my Quick and Easy Baked Beans and BBQ Chicken. This Coleslaw Recipe would be good side dish to serve with Fried or Baked Fish  or Hot Dogs. 

1 16 oz. bag shredded coleslaw
3-4 heaping tablespoons mayonnaise
      **I use Duke's Light Mayo
3-4 heaping tablespoons sweet pickle relish
A few dashes of pepper

Stir together and refrigerate until ready to serve.

Makes about 6 servings.

 You can double the recipe if you need more.

**I don't add salt because the mayo and pickles already have salt also salt causes the cabbage to excrete water which will make the slaw too watery.
Enjoy!

Deborah  

2 comments:

  1. I made your cranberry relish, adapted a bit, and it is delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terra, thanks for your comment. I am glad you liked the Cranberry Relish. I hope you will try some more Recipes for Life.

    ReplyDelete