Food - Family -Faith

Food - Family -Faith
Jesus said unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh to the Father, but by me. John 14:6

Friday, June 17, 2011

Gourmet Baked Beans Recipe

These Gourmet Baked Beans have some unusual ingredients, but they are delicious and creamy. This recipe was given to me by one of my sister-in-laws years ago.

1 tbsp. cider vinegar
1 cup evaporated milk
1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 cup flour
1 tsp. dry mustard
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. molasses
1/4 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 drops Tabasco
2 cans (16 oz.) baked beans

Pour vinegar int a 1 cup measuring cup, add enough evaporated milk
to measure 1 cup liquid, blend thoroughly.

Mix in a bowl the brown sugar, flour, dry mustard and salt.
gradually add evaporated milk mixture mix thoroughly.

Stir in remaining ingredients.

Put in a 1-1/2 qt. casserole dish sprayed with cooking spray.
Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes, stir several times while cooking.

-or-

Cook on low in slow cooker for several hours.

Makes 6-8 servings

**When I have to make this for the whole crew I usually double the recipe
and cook it in the crock pot. 

Enjoy!

Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment