Food - Family -Faith

Food - Family -Faith
Jesus said unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh to the Father, but by me. John 14:6

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Sour Cream Pound Cake

I had this cake in the oven while I was typing this recipe.

2 sticks butter
6 eggs
1/4 tsp baking soda mixed into sour cream
8 oz. sour cream
3 cups sugar
3 cups plain flour
1 tbsp. vanilla flavoring

Cream butter, add sugar, add eggs one at a time and beat well after each addition.  Add flour one cup at a time and beat well.  Add sour cream mixture.  Add vanilla flavoring.  Put cake into bundt or tube pan sprayed with cooking spray.  Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  Bake for about 1-1/2 hours.

**It helps if you have someone operating the mixer while you add the ingredients.  My granddaughter helped me by operating the mixer while I added everything to the bowl.

   I decided on Strawberry Short Cake for my dessert.

Enjoy!
Deborah

1 comment:

  1. i loveeee pound cake! but, i don't use sour cream in my recipe though i am sure it makes the cake moist and soft. i will try this recipe next time i am craving pound cake :)
    -Abeer @ www.cakewhiz.com

    ReplyDelete