Food - Family -Faith

Food - Family -Faith
Jesus said unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh to the Father, but by me. John 14:6

Monday, April 4, 2011

Chili N Beans - Mexican Style


This is one of our family favorites, especially when the weather turns cold in the fall and winter. I usually make a double recipe, which is shown in this picture, because we like having it reheated the next day.

Chili N Beans - Mexican Style

Ingreadients:

1 lb. lean ground beef
2 cans Bush's light red kidney beans
1 can Bush's chili hot beans
1 can Hunt's tomato sauce
1 pkg Old El Paso taco seasoning mix (I use 40% less sodium)

---Toppings
Fritos
Sour Cream
Grated Cheese


Directions:


Brown ground beef, drain & chop.  Add taco seasoning, tomato sauce and beans.  Simmer until heated through 30 mins. or longer.  Sometimes I put it in the crockpot & simmer on low until time for dinner.
This makes about 6 servings.  I usually double it when I have the kids and grand kids.

This is one of our family favorites.


Enjoy!

Deborah
Christian Resources    

No comments:

Post a Comment