Food - Family -Faith

Food - Family -Faith
Jesus said unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh to the Father, but by me. John 14:6

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Chicken Pot Pie Recipe

This is what I call a pantry meal.  You can have the stuff in your pantry then when you need to mix something up in a hurry it is there.  It only takes a few minutes to mix up then put it in the oven and do something else while it's baking.  As a matter of fact mine is in the oven right now while I am typing this post. Sometimes I add the mushrooms and onions and sometimes I make it without them. Either way it is good.


1 13oz. can chicken breast, in water
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/4 cup milk  (I use evaporated skim milk-it makes the filling richer)
1 can sliced carrots
1 can sweet peas
1 4oz. can  sliced mushrooms (if desired)
1/2 cup chopped onion (if desired)
--
2 deep dish pie shells


Mix first 3 ingredients chopping chicken, add peas and carrots, mix thoroughly.  Fill one of the pie shells then put the other pie shell upside down on top of the pie.  Bake at 350degrees for 30-45 minutes.  If you have a speed bake on your oven you can use that, if not preheat the oven to 350, then bake.


Makes 4-6 servings


**If you need to feed more people you can double the recipe and make 2 pies.
That is what I do when I have the kids and grandkids for dinner.


Do you have a quick pantry type meal or chicken pot pie recipe you would like to share with us?  If so, leave it in the comments.

Enjoy!

Deborah H. Bateman



No comments:

Post a Comment